Wednesday, January 20, 2016

IDS Entrepenuership, trying things

I would say yes to most rational propositions, and to some irrational ones as well.
For example, I would jump out of a perfectly fine airplane with no parachute, but i would also jump out of a perfectly good plane with a parachute. Why? because i can, and it would be fascinatinngly exciting and exhilarating. It would make me feel, and think.
I would say no to things that I feel uncomfortable with, unless I were enticed with a reward of equal proportion.
In the future I will try to improve my abilities to execute on actions or ideas, and improve communication skills.
I Think a lot, and I am highly creative, so while I have considered a lot of things there is still room for consideration.
 I never thought about becoming a car salesman, as far as I can recall. It just does not seem appealing. I've usually thought about jobs where I do not have to sit around an office or deal with a lot of people, in a job I would not enjoy.








After speaking with the two entrepreneur's I interviewed I had some thoughts to record.
For starters, these  two individuals have completely different business models but similarities in their personalities.
They march to the beat of their own drum. One likes comics and art and shit, the other likes fine wine, women, and food.
both are males.
They both would rather do things their way and answer to none. This resonates with me, being ones own boss is the ultimate level of freedom. In our current society, the millennials entering the workforce have a desire to free themselves from the binds of social media - their constant use and almost dependence on it. As they struggle to balance a mental focus on both the real world and an electronic manifestation via the internet, their attention is compromised along with their psychological identity.
This struggle for independence and autonomy from the world we live in manifests in our desires, millennials such as myself do not want to have to answer to a higher authority as a job because they have been doing so their entire lives and becoming an adult is supposed to signify total independence. despite the fact that it does not, the dilemma of a split mentality means the individual wants freedom from the second world they live in. both worlds
It is because of this that we see more entrepreneurs now more than ever.
the first person i interviewed, the computer guy, prefers to have total autonomy from his work - he is able to write code that will do his job for him.
The second guy, the landscaper, pays people to do his work for him and makes money off of it. Neither has to work, but in order to manage their assets and businesses, they do.

I have seen myself as a business owner, but do not want to be tied to my work like a landscaper. I want to make money without doing work, like all millenials

No comments:

Post a Comment